Monday, May 2, 2011

Why do we Celibate Bin Laden's Death?

America is a Christian Nation, or so some would say. I will say this. I have met many who say they are Christians, but only a few that acted like Christ. Very few.

“How can you kill people, when it is written in God’s commandment: ‘Thou shalt not murder’?”

I believe Bin Laden was guilty of many things, crimes against humanity. But so is our government. We ignore the sovereignty of foreign nations and wage aggressive acts of war in foreign lands, without bothering to follow our constitution.

I can not celebrate anyone's death. I find it shameful and as far from Christianity as one could go, in fact it is opposite of Christianity as I know it. If I were to understand the teachings of Jesus, I should be praying for a long life for my enemies so that they may learn the error of their deeds, seek redemption and find peace in the after life, before they die.

No comments: