Thursday, July 17, 2008

Obama, Osama and Yo Mama


So, the New Yorker satirizes Obama and the Right wing approach that he is really Muslim, anti American and his wife is a militant.

People are up in arms about it.

Here is something also to be up in arms about.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER!
BITCH BITCH BITCH!

WTF? Is the Ketosis Junkie Crazy? Is he racist? Is he a member of the KKK?


FUCK No!

We are bending ourselves around free speech. Instead of ploughing into it.
If I use the word Nigger, I am considered hateful, insensitive and racist. If a black man uses it, it's OK, because he was the one subjected to it.

I agree the word is offensive, when used in a derogatory term. But that don't mean it is not a word. It also don't mean I can't use it.

My point is simple. Words are words and freedom of speech is our right. I can say any word I want to say, but the combination, and the use are what can get us into trouble.

I am not in favor of making the word unlawful. But we hanged Duane "Dog" Chapman for using "nigger" on a private conversation with his family that his own son taped and sold to the Enquirer. The man's life collapsed around him, not for a slip but for being who he was. Even explaining what he was talking about. We are too fucking sensitive over the use of the word.

Here is a transcript (courtesy wikipedia) of what got him into trouble.

Audiotape of Chapman using racial slur
“Duane "Dog" Chapman: I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore or whatever. It's not because she's black, it's because we use the word nigger sometimes here. I'm not gonna take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for for 30 years because some fucking nigger heard us say nigger and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine. Our career is over! I'm not taking that chance at all! Never in life! Never! Never! If Lyssa [Dog's daughter] was dating a nigger, we would all say 'fuck you!' And you know that. If Lyssa brought a black guy home, ya da da... it's not that they're black, it's none of that. It's that we use the word nigger. We don't mean you fucking scum nigger without a soul. We don't mean that shit. But America would think we mean that. And we're not taking a chance on losing everything we got over a racial slur because our son goes with a girl like that. I can't do that, Tucker. You can't expect Gary, Bonnie, Cecily, all them young kids to [garbled] because 'I'm in love for 7 months' - fuck that! So, I'll help you get another job but you cannot work here unless you break up with her and she's out of your life. I can't handle that shit. I got 'em in the parking lot trying to record us. I got that girl saying she's gonna wear a recorder...


I would like to scream it and every word we get bent out of shape over every day until we stop being shocked by hearing it.

It is only a simple combination of vowels and constants that make us shocked.

Regarding Obama, if your offended by the cartoon, Perhaps you should join the Muslim people offended by the Mohamed cartoons. Your ths same in my book.

No comments: