Thursday, August 14, 2008

UK: Former Cop Faces Gang that Threatened to Kill him, goes to Jail!


The UK has lost it's balls. The same nation that for fear of offending Muslims, change the 3 little pig story to the 3 little puppies, does not want to offend anyone, including gang members.

A Former Police Officer Stood up to a Gang that threatened to kill him: Results he gets arrested


Paul Lawson 52, a retired police officer had a night out in Morpeth town center, and was being driven home by his wife. As they left the parking lot a beer can hit their car. It was thrown by a gang member. Mr Lawson confronted the gang.

Mr Lawson (a former police officer) had intended to make a citizens arrest but was quickly surrounded by 12 gang members and told to leave or he would be killed. The gang also informed him they'd wreck his car if they saw it in the town again.

Mr Lawson spoke to patrolling officers who proceeded to ignore him and not take down any details. One of the gang later claimed to have been assaulted by Mr Lawson and he was quickly summoned to a police station and arrested.

Mr Lawson said last night: 'I still can't believe this. At the time this happened, I was distraught about going through the whole process, bearing in mind the background I come from. As far as I am concerned, they just abrogated their responsibility and should be ashamed of themselves.'

The beer can was thrown as Mr Lawson's wife Chris, a 54-year-old nurse, drove him and his brother out of a car park in Morpeth town centre after a night out.

Mr Lawson said: 'There was the usual crowd of boy racers who gather in Morpeth and I got out and moved towards them. I was planning on making a citizen's arrest, but things very quickly turned nasty.

'I was surrounded by about 12 of them. They told me to leave or they would kill me. The ringleader said if he saw my car parked in Morpeth again they would wreck it.'

Mr Lawson was surprised that the police patrol took no action, and astonished to be read his rights at the local police station.

He said: 'I was told I had been arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and that a youth claimed I had grabbed and bruised him. I was absolutely furious, it was unbelievable.

'The police refused my solicitor's submission that there was clearly no need for further action. About seven weeks after the original incident, I got a call to say there was no case for me to answer. It caused a lot of worry and stress for my wife and I.

'I have not heard about any action against the youths. I am still waiting for my allegations to be investigated and I am very angry about the whole experience.

'After 30 years serving as a policeman and upholding the Queen's peace, I could have acted as a professional witness and perhaps got rid of yobs who at times are the scourge of Morpeth.'

Chief Inspector John Barnes of Northumbria Police refused to comment on the incident, adding: 'Anyone who feels unhappy with the way they have been treated can make use of our official complaints procedure.'

No comments: